This past Labor Day weekend at the 2012 North American Championships, Tina Lin went undefeated in the final round robin of the Cadet Girls and became the North American Cadet Girls Champion! As a result, she qualifies as a member of the North American Team that will compete in the World Cadet Challenge to be held in Guam, October 27-November 4th, 2012.
We caught up with, Tina, after she returned from the tournament, and here is what she had to say:
“Just a few days ago, I went to Cary, North Carolina to participate in the North American Championships. It was a great experience for me. I was able to compete with players from around the country and from Canada. I was lucky enough to take the title in Cadet Girls. However, I was really happy to make many new friends at this tournament. I remember when I was about to play Isabel Chu in the final. She said to me, “It doesn’t matter what happens on the court, after the match, we’ll still be good friends.” That phrase stuck in my head. No matter how strong the competition, friendship is still very important. Everyone can be friends with each other despite their wins and losses.”
We love Tina and Isabel’s attitude and agree that Table Tennis has the amazing power to bring people together! Congratulations to them both for their great performance!
Tina Lin is a JOOLA sponsored player and a rising junior. Her accomplishments include:
- 2012 North American Championships – 1st place in Cadet Girls
- 2012 ITTF Junior Circuit – 3rd place in Cadet Girl singles
- 2012 ITTF Junior Circuit – 3rd place in Cadet Girl doubles
- 2012 ITTF Junior Circuit – 2nd place in Cadet Girl teams
- 2011 US National Cadet Team member
- 2011 US Nationals Championship – US Women Singles quarter Finalist
- 2011 US National Junior Girl team B member
- 2010 US National Cadet Girl team B member
- 2010 US National mini-Cadet team member
- 2007 US Nationals Open – Girls 10 & Under Singles champion
Tina’s racket combination:
JOOLA – For The Champion In You!
Official Apparel of the US National Team.
Official Table Sponsor of the US Open and US Nationals.
Official Table Tennis Equipment Supplier of the 1996, 2000, and 2004 Olympics.
Follow JOOLA USA on Facebook:
Follow JOOLA USA on Twitter:
Follow JOOLA USA on Vimeo:
Follow JOOLA USA on YouTube: